Monday’s coming, which means I’m already thinking about next week’s meals, schedule, craft time and the weekend to come. 12 hours to go til work starts!
I’ve finished the first week of the Click It Up A Notch photo challenge #28LovelyDays – 1 photo a day of something you love for the month of February. I’ve been trying to keep these separate from iPhone photos and to use my DSLR more – tricky in this weather!
One of my 2014 goals is to try new recipes (1 recipe every two weeks from one of my cookbooks), although I should have added “or from the internet”. So far so good!
- Inspired by the smoothie at Lettuce Love, I’ve been making double batches of this delicious smoothie – and for some added boost I added some avocado. Just finished making some for tomorrow and Tuesday. Yum!
- Burnt Eggplant with lemon and pine nuts from Jerusalem – don’t be put off the word “burnt, it’s really just cooking the eggplant in the oven until the skin is charred, then you scoop out the eggplant.
- This one pot wonder is in the oven right now, using chicken from our meat share. This meal uses a whole chicken so there’s plenty of left overs for lunch or a mid week meal. (Edited after dinner: It’s delicious!)
- I bought some delicious oyster mushrooms from Hamilton’s new food co-cop – The Mustard Seed. For an easy weeknight dinner, I sauteed them with some compound butter, sliced in a little left over grassfed beef steak, served on top of polenta with swiss chard…comfort food.
- Working on some work tops with another Colette Pattern
- This week I’ve been giving myself an oily face every day and loving it! A friend of mine gave me something like this – I haven’t tried it yet, I’ll let you know how it goes…
- Ordering flower and vegetable seed from Vesey’s, William Dam and Cubits
- Curious about this trap for this garden pest
- Bee’s do more than make honey – Save the Bees!
Just a few more days before a long weekend 🙂